Welcome to New Players....
Welcome to West Pymble Football Club! We are delighted that you have decided to play football this season and with our club and as part of the Northern Suburbs Football Association (NSFA).
As a new player I am sure that there are a multitude of questions to which you would like answers. Most of the answers can be found on the various pages of this website, with dedicated pages to each type of football - Miniroos (U6-U11), Junior Comp (U12-U18), Mens All Age, Mens Over35/Over 45, Girls Comp, and Womens Over 35. But as a starting point this page will give you an overview of our club and how things work.
For the newest and youngest players in the Mini-Roos teams, we have a separate page with additional information on this link.
Below are some common questions we are asked.
1. HOW DO I BUY GEAR ? You will be provided a shirt that will be returned at the end of the season. Shorts and socks are available from the club canteen. See details of the official strip below.
2. WHEN DOES TRAINING START ? It all depends on your age group. View the CALENDAR for more information. For U6 through U9, we recommend basing training around the technical skills sessions, on each Monday during school term.
3. WHEN DOES THE SEASON START ? View the NSFA draw here. The 2020 season starts weekend of 4/5 April. Please note: we generally do not know the draw until March at the earliest.
4. WHAT TIME WILL I PLAY ? Most junior Mini-Roos games (U6 through U11) and our Junior mixed competition teams (U12 - U18) take place in the morning anytime between 8.30am and 11.50am. Mens competition games are on Saturday at 1pm and 3pm. Girls junior games are on Sunday morning and womens competition games at 1pm and 3pm on Sunday.
5. WHERE DO WE PLAY ? All around the district. NSFA have a Grounds Maps page which details locations.
6. CAN I PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS ? Most teams are formed through grading. The purpose of this is to ensure that players are getting the most from their football by playing with others of a like standard. However, for the younger age groups it is understood that playing with friends is important, so we don’t usually grade players at under 6 and only one maybe two teams are graded at under 7. From U8 upwards all teams are graded. See the calendar of events on the left of the home page for dates of Team Allocation and Grading (TAGS).
If grading is ambiguous, we do our best to honour "play with friends" requests - but please understand that the mathematics of juggling enrolments and number of places per team creates a substantial logistical burden. We prefer to have teams with similar numbers in an age group: ie: we avoid lumping say 13 friends together whilst another team is short. We cannot please everyone. On the positive side, new friendships outside of school and social boundaries are often created as a result. This is sport and our focus is on getting players on the field.
Once the teams are formed they will train once a week throughout the season on a day at a time specified by the team coach. Each team will need to supply their own manager and coach. For U6 through U9, we recommend basing training around the Concept4 technical skills sessions on a Monday during school term.
We have teams playing in the following sections:-
Junior Non-Competition MINI-ROOS – This covers teams for Under 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 for boys and girls
Junior Competition – That is mixed teams from Under 12 through to Under 18
Men's Over 35
Mens Over 45
Girls Competition – Under 10 and above including the Diamond League for U11 and U12.
Women’s Over 35 teams.
We are also keen to field teams in grades that we haven’t in the recent past. The last couple of years has seen us offer Women’s All Age and we are keen to grow this. If you or your child would like to compete in these grades, please register with us, along with as many friends as you can find, and you might find yourself in an inaugural team for our Club.
The club caters for players of all types and skill levels.
Have a great season !
Our new strip was released in 2019.
Kit & Merchandise can be purchased at the Norman Griffiths Oval canteen on any Saturday or Sunday during the season when there are games scheduled at NG and the canteen is open.